Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Book Thread/Currently Reading

So I'm currently reading Stranger in a Strange Land. It is a book I have wanted to read for a long time but never really got around to until now. I'm about 2/3rds of the way done and overall I have to say it's pretty good but the way some of the conversations read reminds me of movies from the 50s - really fast speech, disjointed, and just generally awkward a lot of times. Jubal Harshaw also annoys me a bit because he is like a superman. Doctor, famous fiction author, lawyer, philospher and gourmet although on the whole I like him.

I look forward to finding out exactly what happens with the man from mars and the rest of the crew so nobody spoil it for me but let's hear what everyone else is reading and if any of my followers have a suggestion for what I read next lay it on me.

18 comments:

  1. Never read it but I've heard good stuff about Stranger in a Strange Land. It's been on my "must read this" list for a while now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. i just googled this book, havent heard of it but it looks interesting. Might give it a try

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stranger in a strange land is also a song by Iron Maiden... I'm just sayan, lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've really been looking for something new to read, and this book sounds fascinating.

    Thanks for the recommendation, I think I just might pick it up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. always looking for reading new stuff so these posts are good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the insightful comments on my last blog post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You should read The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. That book is beyond amazing

    ReplyDelete
  8. looks great!
    i like it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never liked characters who seem too perfect, I prefer flawed people, perhaps because I can relate to them more. I'm sure I probably would see Jubal Harshaw in the same light as you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. One of my favourite books man, stick with it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I inherited this book from my sister but never actually picked it up to read. Though I am currently reading A Wizard of Earthsea by Ursula K. Le Guin.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like a cool read, may check it out. You should write a mini review when you finish it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Commenting in an older thread, but only because I really enjoyed that book. make sure you give an update when you finish it for your final thoughts.

    ReplyDelete

HyperSmash